Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Phyllis Miller-Bridges

This is Phyllis's story, we would love to hear yours.

Please allow me to introduce myself; my name is Phyllis Miller-Bridges, founder of HarvestSeed Publishing Group. I am a 39 year old Christian, the wife of Anthony Bridges and a mother of three, Craig, Carlette and Kyle. I am the chief writer and creator of the product line at HarvestSeed Publishing Group, none of which would be possible without the divine inspiration of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. For years I have had to fight with insurance companies, medical and disability assistance programs who turned me down, around, and away - on a regular basis.

Finally, by the grace and mercy of God, this year the decisions were ruled in my favor. Thank God I am able to continue treatment to eleviate some of the daily discomfort and pain caused by sarcoidosis. Sarcoidosis (pronounced SAR-COY-DOE-SIS) is a devastating, potentially fatal inflammatory disease that can appear in almost any organ in the body. Although the lungs are affected in more than 90% of patients, the disease often attacks the heart, eyes, central nervous system, liver and kidneys. Once thought rare, sarcoidosis is now known to be common and affects people worldwide. The cause remains unknown and THERE IS NO CURE. http://www.stopsarcoidosis.org.

I have an enormous amount of faith, and gratitude, which I have had to exercise most of my life just to get by. I have multi-system Sarcoidosis which has attacked every organ in my body. I have possibly the worse case ever documented. Although it was medically confirmed by numerous doctors /exams, quite apparent that I was in constant pain, barely mobile and I was falling down quite frequently, I was denied medical assistance, for years. Since I could no longer afford to even make co-payments for the much needed treatments and prescriptions I turned to health agencies, and found little to no help.

By faith, and out of necessity, I knew I had to fight, and win this battle; otherwise, I would have been forced to forego medicines and treatments. Much like the Psalmist David, "I waited patiently for the Lord, and He inclined His ear to me, and heard my cry. He also brought me up from a horrible pit. Out of the miry clay. And set my feet upon a rock. And established my steps. He has put a new song in my mouth -- Praise God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the Lord. Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust." Psalm 40:1-8

I, Phyllis Miller-Bridges am living proof that God is a Defender of the Helpless, now I must do all I can do, for as long as I can to encourage others to stand strong and trust God always. Thank you for stopping by. Check out my blogs on myspace, filled with my deepest thoughts, greatest dreams and personal hopes. Looking forward to hearing your views real soon. It is my prayer that God will continue to bless you and prosper your way. Be sure to read my blogs you will find something just for you.


Sincerely In His Service,
Phyllis Miller-Bridges

www.prayersinc.com
www.myspace.com/phyllisbridges


Posted with permission.


No comments: